If there was any lingering uncertainty over whether now is a good time to buy a house, it may be squashed after the release of several favorable housing reports over the last several weeks.
Low Interest Rates
According to an early May Freddie Mac Primary Mortgage Market Survey, U.S. home mortgage rates continue to decline. Perhaps most importantly, the rate on a 30-year fixed mortgage is at the lowest level this year.
A recent report from Fannie Mae revealed that most Americans are indeed feeling optimistic about the housing market. In the April 2014 National Housing Survey, the portion of respondents who said they think now is a good time to sell a house rose to an all-time high of 42%. If more people are thinking of selling their homes this spring, that would be great news for buyers. The larger the housing inventory, the more pull buyers have.
Plenty of Options to Choose From
Your Academy Loan Officer can help you take advantage of these favorable conditions for purchasing a home. With Academy's broad portfolio of residential mortgage products to choose from, he or she can customize a solution for you to best meet your lending needs.
- Conventional Mortgages are popular with homebuyers who have excellent credit and money to put down. Academy's Conventional Mortgages include Fixed-Rate Mortgages, Adjustable-Rate Mortgages, and Jumbo Mortgages.
- FHA-Insured Financing can be an ideal solution for those with less-than-ideal buying power. With flexible qualification guidelines, Academy's FHA-Insured Loans are designed to benefit first-time homebuyers and buyers who don't have perfect credit or a lot of money to put down.
- USDA Home Loans are government-backed, affordable loans for buyers looking for a home in a rural development area.
- VA Home Loans provide favorable loan terms and interest rates for active-duty military personnel and veterans.
- State Housing Agency Loans provide affordable housing for low- and moderate-income households, underserved minority populations, people with disabilities, and the elderly.
Today is the day to make your dream home come true.